I like to put this recipe in tortillas and serve with fresh tomatoes, greens, avocado and cheese. You can also serve Spanish rice and pinto beans as delicious side dishes if desired.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa verde (I use mild)
- 1/3 cup honey
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Top chicken with remaining all ingredients.
- Cook on high for 6 hours. Once done, shred chicken and let it absorb some of the liquid from cooking.
- Serve over rice or in tacos as mentioned above.