I am always looking to make new entrees that are simple and yummy. This new recipe is the bomb! As long as you like bell peppers, you will like this recipe too. It starts off with a base of bell peppers, onion, tomato and herbs. From there, you can add whatever protein you prefer, shrimp, beans, tofu, chicken, beef…really any protein will blend well with this base of vegetables. I made orzo with it, but you could add a different pasta or starch of your liking.
Personalized Bell Peppers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 bell peppers, chopped (I used green, yellow and red)
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Optional: Your choice of protein and pasta/starch
Optional: Shredded Italian cheese for topping
- In a large frying pan, heat oil. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Top vegetables with protein of choice and simmer together until vegetables are tender.
- In a separate pot, cook orzo as directed.
- Serve by placing orzo in bowl first, top with vegetable mixture and lastly shredded Italian cheese.
If you try out the recipe, I would love to hear how your personalized my recipe to meet your liking!