This is one of my husband’s favorite recipes! It is a quick and easy dinner option that even my kids like. Hopefully it will be added to your list of “regular” dinner options. Enjoy!
- 2 Bell peppers
- ½ Yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 pounds Ribeye steak*
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 3-4 cups unsalted Beef broth**
- 10 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 Hoagie Rolls
*I also have used venison back strap and it comes out very tender and tasty.
**The broth should be visible just below the top of the meat. The broth helps keep the meat more moist.
- Slice bell peppers and onion and add to Instant Pot.
- Add butter to vegetables and sauté until butter is melted.
- Slice steak into ¼ inch strips and add to Instant Pot.
- Top steak and vegetables with Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt and broth.
- Set Instant Pot to “Meat/Stew” setting, on high, for 20 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to naturally release pressure. Once the pressure is released, add 2 slices of provolone cheese and stir to combine.
- To assemble the sandwich, cut open the hoagie roll and toast. Top with meat and veggies. Add 2 slices of cheese and microwave for 30 seconds to melt cheese. Serve hot with a side of broth for dipping.
Note: We like to serve the sandwiches with a side of broth from the Instant Pot to dip the sandwich in after microwaved.