This is one of my new favorite stews! It tastes amazing, is loaded with nutrition and has so much flavor! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 3 cups sweet potato, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup carrots, coined
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups chicken stock (I used stock from chicken I boiled and froze)
- ⅓ cup half and half
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- Salted sunflower seeds for topping
- In a stew pot, combine sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, carrots, seasonings and chicken stock. Bring soup to a boil and let simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Add half and half to the stew pot and stir to combine.
- To prepare kale, remove stems and massage. This will help reduce the fibrous mouthfeel of kale.
- Serve stew into bowls and top with kale and salted sunflower seeds.
Notes: I prefer the kale to be uncooked when adding it to the stew. It provides a different texture and palatability in my opinion.