Earlier this week, I shared on Instagram that I had revamped Addie Roberts, a friend and fellow Dietitian’s, Pumpkin Steel Cut Oatmeal Bake recipe. My alterations were made primarily on preference of texture and the fact that I am using Ripple milk as a dairy alternative.
I typically make this recipe to have a quick breakfast option throughout the week. After it has cooled, I cut it up and freeze it in a large Tupperware. Check out my recipe and let me know what you think.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Ripple milk (I use the Original flavor. You could use your milk of preference.)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9X11 baking dish.
- Place all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a bowl and mix together.
- Pour oat mix into baking dish and top with chocolate chips.
- Bake 45-60 minutes, or until bake is firm.