This delicious dish and can be served cold or hot. It made about 6 servings and we used the whole bottle of dressing. We also steamed some broccoli and added it on top. The fantastic thing about this dish is it is very versatile. You can add or reduce items per your liking and it still tastes great! I hope you enjoy!
1.5 pound chicken breast
1 cup pasta (your preference – I liked it best with whole wheat macaroni noodles)
2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
Fresh Basil and shredded mozzarella to top
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Season chicken and grill until cooked all the way through. (We used Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder all to taste.)
2. Shred chicken and set aside.
3. Cook pasta as directed on package.
4. Combine dressing ingredients in bowl or dressing bottle (as seen in photo) and mix well.
5. In large bowl, combine orzo, chicken and tomatoes.
6. Add about ¼ of dressing of orzo mixture.
7. Serve in individual bowls, top mixture with cheese and basil. Add more dressing to your serving for a stronger taste.