This recipe is savory and simple to make. The type of protein can be changed to your preference. I used chicken sausage, but it would go great with chicken breast or ground meat. If you are looking for a savory and easy recipe to add to your repertoire, I recommend trying this one out.
Savory Sweet Potato & Sausage Bake
4 small to medium sweet potatoes, diced
2 small apples, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon thyme
3 fresh rosemary sprigs
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 pounds chicken sausage with apple gouda, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
3. Combine sweet potatoes, apples in baking dish. Top with spices and oil and stir to combine.
4. Add chicken sausage to dish and stir well.
5. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, stir, bake another 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are cooked thoroughly.
Note: To make it a complete dinner, we had broccoli on the side as our non-starchy veggie.