Fast and Easy Coming Your Way
I am always looking for fast and easy recipes to make for dinner. This one was tasty and fit the bill for fast and easy. I’ve made some tweaks, as I usually do, and have made it twice for dinner. The first time, I made the dish in a sheet pan (as pictured) and put everything together. It was good, but I felt the chicken lacked some flavor potential. The second time, I diced up the chicken and made it as described below. Try it out and let me know how you enjoy it!
Pesto Chicken Bake
4 Chicken breasts, diced
3 ounces Pesto
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 Zucchini, chopped
10.5 ounces Cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves Garlic, minced
Olive oil to coat vegetables
Italian seasoning to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place chicken in a 9×13 baking dish. Add pesto and stir chicken to coat evenly.
3. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly on top of chicken.
4. Place zucchini, tomatoes and garlic in a 9×9 baking dish. Top with olive oil and Italian seasonings and stir to coat vegetables well.
5. Place both chicken and vegetable dish, uncovered, in oven. Bake for an hour or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are soft.
Note: I stirred vegetables two times during the cooking process to ensure an even bake.