I was looking for something new and “wintery” for dinner and came upon a version of this recipe. I tweaked it a bit and really enjoyed the flavor combinations. There is a burst of sweetness yet also tartness the cranberries provide that make it delicious. I hope you enjoy!
½ cup Cranberries
3 tablespoons Honey
2 ½ tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Orange Zest
1 teaspoon Thyme, dried
½ teaspoon Rosemary, dried
2 Garlic cloves, whole
4 Chicken Breasts
½ Sweet Onion, diced
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 cup fresh Cranberries
2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 cup Rice
1 cup Hot Water
1 ½ cups Chicken Broth
Salt & Ground Black Pepper to taste
- In food processor combine all marinade ingredients and blend well.
- Place chicken in large zip bag. Pour marinade over the chicken and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate chicken for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Place onions and minced garlic in the greased baking dish. Top with oil and bake for 20 minutes or until translucent.
- While onions and garlic are baking, in small bowl, combine cranberries, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Stir to coat cranberries evenly and set aside to marinade.
- Once onions and garlic are translucent, remove from oven and top with rice. Poor hot water and broth over rice mixture; stir to combine.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on top of rice mixture. With slotted spoon, top chicken with marinated cranberries. Bake covered for 45-60 minutes or until chicken thoroughly cooked.