Fun fact, the first time I made a version of this recipe, I burnt it to a crisp. Why?!? The recipe I was following did not mention anything about liquid so I didn’t add any. I thought it was sort of strange, but figured maybe there was enough from the ingredients. Not so much! Now that I have played around with the recipe, this is one of Michael’s favorite slow cooker recipes because of the flavors. It’s one of mine because it is easy to throw together. It is delicious served over rice. Hopefully it fills your tummy and makes you a happy camper too!
Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breast, thawed
- 2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bundle green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- Water, enough to cover chicken (you can also use chicken broth)
- Peanuts, for topping
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Top chicken with all other ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Cook on high for 8 hours.
- Before serving, shred chicken. Dish over rice and top with peanuts if desired.