During the holiday’s sometimes we need an easy breakfast recipe for friends or family stopping by the house. This week, I wanted to share my frittata recipe. This is a great recipe because you can literally put whatever veggies you want in it and it will taste yummy every time. It is also a versatile recipe because you can choose to add a meat or for those of you who are following a more vegetarian lifestyle, you can choose to just use eggs or a vegetarian option of protein.
Often times, I have left-over random veggies like carrots, spinach, onion, peppers or broccoli that I either did not get to using over the week or bought more than what I needed. Instead of wasting those veggies, I like to use them in things like frittatas or soups/stews.
I have grown to love frittatas because they make eating breakfast in the morning so easy! They don’t take long to prepare and can save you time during the week by having a quick and yummy go-to option. For a complete breakfast, I like to add whole wheat toast, avocado and fruit.
Favorite Egg Frittata
- 3 cups veggies, chopped (I used broccoli, carrots, onion and peppers)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used Mootpia 2% but you can use whatever milk you prefer)
- Seasonings of your choice (I used garlic powder and crushed red pepper)
- 1 pound ham, diced
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sauté diced veggies in oil until tender.
- While veggies are sautéing, in a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk and seasonings together.
- In a 9×9 dish, place diced ham on the bottom. Add sautéed veggies and sprinkle with ¼ cup shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over ham and veggie mixture and top with remaining ¼ cup shredded cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes and enjoy!
If you are a frittata lover, feel free to share your favorite recipe.
I would love to hear your feedback.