You may read the title and wonder if I realized Thanksgiving is over…yes I do but, that doesn’t mean pumpkin season is over for me! I view pumpkin as a year round delicious food that just gets highlighted during the Fall.
This week, I wanted to feature a tasty pumpkin overnight oat recipe. Let me tell you, the first attempt of making pumpkin overnight oats was an epic failure. They were bitter, watery and it took everything in me not to just throw it away. Since it was my breakfast for that day, I shifted my mindset and told myself that I don’t have to love everything I eat since it is just fuel necessary for my body to function. However, usually I do prefer to enjoy my food and flavor combinations.
So ever since my epic failure, I have been working on perfecting my Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats recipe and this is the best and most simple version so far. With the holiday’s here and our schedules getting more and more full, overnight oats is something easy to get ready the night before so that breakfast is a no brainier when morning comes.
Here is the recipe I have come up with. I hope you enjoy it and would love to hear about your favorite version of overnight oats!
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats (Makes 1 serving)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder (~14 grams protein)
- ½ cup milk (I use Mootopia, but you can use your milk of preference)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pecans, chopped (or the nut of your choice)
- In an airtight container, mix pumpkin puree, oats, cinnamon, protein and milk together. Stir until well combined.
- Seal oat mixture and refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to consume, add syrup and pecans and enjoy.