Thanksgiving is right around the corner! I would anticipate you are getting your house ready for guests and prepping food you all will enjoy. Sweet potato casserole is a staple in most houses on Thanksgiving day, so I decided a few years ago to come up with my own version of this holiday dish. It was a hit in my family and I have been making it ever since.
I hope you have a wonderful time with friends and family over the next few days. Try out myrecipe and see what they think about this new twist on the forever traditional dish.
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 apples,diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pecans,chopped
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In an oven safe 9×13 dish, mix sweet potatoes and apples together.
3. Top potato mixture with cranberries, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Cover with foil.
4. Bake 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Stir the mixture every 20 minutes to prevent from sticking. Enjoy!
Forever Thankful for all my followers and supporters!