I love fall!
To me, this time of year is all about the cooler weather, pumpkins, changes in leaf colors, corn mazes, scarves and sweaters. While I am not a lover of all things pumpkin, a few of my favorites are pumpkin coffee, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie and pumpkin pancakes. Fall also brings the holidays which means more time to spend with special friends and family.
This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is one of my favorite treats. You might read it and think…hm a Dietitian recommends this. Yes, but why? I am a believer that treats are acceptable as long as they are treats and don’t become a regular daily thing. Moderation is more important than deprivation. So this holiday season, I am going to enjoy this delicious bread in moderation.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. You can always make modifications like adding dried fruit instead of chocolate or adding nuts.
1 – 15oz can pumpkin
1 cup oil
2/3 cup water
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 ½ cups sugar
3 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and vanilla until blended well.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add moist ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Add chocolate chips to mixture.
- Line 3 loaf pans with foil and grease.
- Fill loaf pans evenly and bake for 60-70 minutes or until cooked.