4 chicken breasts
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon of lime zest
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh and chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
½-1 teaspoon red chili flakes (depends on your preference)
½ teaspoon cumin
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a gallon zip lock bag.
- Add thawed chicken breasts to plastic bag and toss to coat chicken well.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- After chicken has marinated, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in an oven safe dish, poor marinated over chicken and cover while cooking.
- Cook chicken for 35-40 minutes or until food thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
Note: I poor the marinade over the chicken and cover it to keep more moisture and flavor in the chicken when cooking. I served this delicious chicken with Spanish rice, avocado, greens and tomatoes. I made homemade Spanish rice, but am still working on perfecting the flavor. When I do, I will share it with you!