This recipe is inspired by my husband, Michael. He is the master at making these delicious fish tacos. He cooks just like his mother; so the recipe is going to go something like a little dash of that and a splash of this.
1 pound Cod, thawed
Lime juice (just enough to moisten the fish)
Chili powder (a good dusting)
Cumin (light dusting)
Garlic powder (light dusting)
Black pepper, crushed (sprinkle)
Cabbage, sliced (we buy the pre-cut cabbage without dressing)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Place fish, flesh down on foil. Do not spray the foil as it will be easier to remove the fish if the skin is stuck to the foil.
- Sprinkle cod with lime juice and seasonings.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked and registers 145 degrees on you food thermometer.
- Shred fish into small pieces.
- Place corn tortilla on plate. Top with cooked fish and toppings. Enjoy!
Note: Usually the cod has most of the skin removed when we buy it but he still does not grease the pan.