Many times we get stuck in a cooking rut and have a very hard time digging ourselves out. Variety is important. In honor of National Fruit and Vegetable month, I wanted to wrap up this month’s blog with a farewell to June and feature the famous Butternut Squash.
Hopefully this month’s blog has helped show some easier ways to prepare and cook foods in a new, fast way.
Steps to cooking a Butternut Squash
1. Wash butternut squash.
2. Using a fork, poke holes in the squash to make the skin easier to peel. After poking the squash, place in the microwave for 2 minutes to loosen the skin.
3. Cut off to top and bottom of the squash.Divide the squash by cutting it in to two pieces.
4. Cut along the squash where the neck begins to enlarge.
5. Peel off skin and cube into bit size pieces.
6. Place cubes on baking sheet and top with oil, salt and pepper.
7. Roast at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
I hope you have enjoyed this week’s blog. Please leave me comments and likes if this was a blog you enjoyed.