When I cut onions, most often times I cry. While I love cooking with them, it is always a process in my kitchen.
Back in the day of my college years, I took a Food Service class. We were taught how to dice an onion quickly and efficiently. Hopefully this helps you out in the kitchen as well.
Steps to Cutting an Onion
- Wash and peel the loose skin off the onion.
- Chop off each end of the onion.
- Cut the onion in half lengthwise.
- Place onion cut side down and slice onion it into small strips.
- Turn onion and cut perpendicular to the strips.
- Repeat with the other half and add to any dish.
Come back next Wednesday to read the next kitchen tip for the month! Feel free to leave feedback or comments!